A divorce is a highly emotionally charged event.
Couples getting divorced often feel hurt, scared, angry, or bitter and may tend to make decisions based on these emotions.
Family law attorney Trevor Casperson of Solon Law is known as one of the best family law lawyers in Salt Lake City, UT, because he has the legal experience to guide you to make the right decisions for you and your children during your divorce proceedings.
To learn how Solon Law PLLC can help with your divorce, call (801) 770-0073 today to schedule your free consultation.
Mr. Casperson proudly serves Sandy residents throughout Salt Lake County, UT.
Protecting Your Rights in the LEGAL Divorce Process
Going through a divorce in Utah can be a complex legal divorce process to navigate. Still, you must protect certain rights throughout the process.
In Salt Lake City, our divorce lawyer provides and protects your legal rights throughout your divorce:
- The right to a fair and equitable division of assets. This includes property and financial assets such as bank accounts, investments, and other forms of wealth.
- The right to fair alimony or spousal support. Both parties must understand their legal rights regarding spousal support and negotiate accordingly to ensure fairness for both sides.
- The rights of any children involved in the divorce must also be considered through child custody arrangements, visitation schedules, and proper financial support from both parents.
Our law firm's reputation, reviews, and case results speak for themselves.
When you hire Solon Law PLLC, it is evident that we will go above and beyond to advocate for our clients' legal rights.
You will always have experience and a dedicated lawyer, delivering guidance, imparting legal expertise, and working toward a favorable result.
Call our Law Firm at (801) 770-0073 Today!
How to Get a Divorce in Utah
Getting a divorce in Utah can be a stressful and complicated process. Still, you must take steps to ensure the divorce process succeeds.
- You must meet all of the Utah residency requirements for filing for divorce. This includes having lived in UT state for at least three months prior to filing and living within specific counties or districts if applicable.
- Couples must then file a petition for dissolution of marriage with their county clerk and pay the required filing fee to divorce. Depending on the situation, additional documents such as proof of income, financial disclosure forms, parenting plans, and orders may also need to be submitted.
- In divorce cases where both parties can reach an agreement without going to family court in UT, they may file an agreed decree, simplifying the process significantly.
- Suppose negotiations fail or both parties cannot reach a mutually beneficial outcome. In that case, either party may call on a judge to make a ruling via trial proceedings instead.
Regardless of whether trial proceedings continue, all couples in Sandy or Salt Lake City should get legal help from a family law attorney with experience to ensure their legal rights are respected throughout the divorce process and that they end up with an arrangement that best serves themselves and any children involved.
Contact Our Law Firm to Learn More Regarding Divorce Proceedings!
Understanding Fair Distribution of Assets & Debt
When you divorce, you’re separating two lives.
If couples in Sandy or Salt Lake City split everything down the middle, it would be easy — but it’s never easy.
The couple’s assets and debt should be divided fair and equally in a divorce case. But other factors come into play.
- How much of the assets were brought into the marriage by each partner?
- How much debt predated the marriage, how much was accrued after the marriage, and for what reasons?
- Did one partner pay off the other’s debts?
- Who gets the house?
- How are the retirement accounts split?
- What if one spouse makes significantly more money than the other?
Some of these questions are easy to answer based on the divorce laws in UT, but others can be a matter of opinion.
That’s why getting a knowledgeable divorce lawyer with legal experience in family law matters.
Our law firm is located in Sandy, less than 30 minutes South of downtown Salt Lake City.
If You Are Facing a Divorce in Salt Lake City or Sandy, Please Get in Touch With Our Divorce Attorney at Solon Law Online or by Calling Our Law Firm in Sandy, UT, at (801) 770-0073 Today!
I would give more than five starsTim B.
I went from scared, alone, and unsupported to having a team who fought for me and made me feel like they genuinely cared.Rio B.
"Trevor has been beyond wonderful! He is quick to respond to any questions or concerns I have had."Sarah B.
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (801) 770-0073.