Drug-Related Crimes in Salt Lake City
Like all states, Utah prohibits activities related to controlled substances, whether they are street drugs or unauthorized prescription medicines. The prosecution of drug crimes ranks among the top types of offenses heard in Utah’s criminal justice system. Drug crimes, from simple possession to more serious felonies, are committed by people of all ages, backgrounds, and educational and socioeconomic levels.
For many, illegal drugs are purely recreational even though it is a crime to possess them. While marijuana has been legalized in states surrounding Utah, here it is still a crime to possess even less than one ounce.
Being arrested and charged with a drug-related crime can disrupt your life, cause you to lose your job, lead to jail time and fines, and result in the collateral damage of a permanent criminal record. That is why you need to mount an effective defense. At Solon Law, you can work with our drug crimes attorney who will do everything possible to help you secure the best possible outcome.
Arrange for a free initial consultation with our Salt Lake City drug-related crimes attorney to learn more about where you stand, your options, and how to move forward. Contact Solon Law online or at (801) 770-0073. Hablamos español.
Drug-Related Crimes in Utah
Drug-related crimes in Utah can include:
- Simple possession (for one’s own use)
- Possession with intent to distribute; you can be charged with this when you are found in possession of larger quantities, even if you state it was for your own use
- Sales or distribution
- Manufacture or cultivation of drugs, counterfeit drugs, or paraphernalia
- Trafficking, which usually involves large-scale operations
- Possession of drug paraphernalia, such as pipes, syringes, or equipment used to manufacture drugs
- Possession of unauthorized prescriptions for medicinal drugs
- Selling or distributing drugs in a drug-free zone, such as a school
- Driving under the influence of drugs
Based out of Sandy, Utah, we are revolutionizing access to quality, affordable legal service. Click
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (801) 770-0073.